Celebrate living green at Wicker Park’s Green Music Fest! Check out the latest eco-friendly products, sip various brews, enjoy food samples from local vendors, purchase arts and crafts, and participate in various activities.
New this year is a Bicycle Powered Music Stage, where eight stationary bikes will provide the natural energy source for the weekend lineup. Cycling teams, spinning instructors and bike enthusiasts alike are encouraged to participate in effort to promote green transportation.
The Music Two stages programmed by Wicker Park’s ownSubterranean feature non-stop live music all weekend, with everything from cutting-edge new groups to national touring headliners to exceptional bands.
- Headliners – North Stage: Guided by Voices (Saturday), Moon Taxi (Sunday)
- Headliners – Bicycle Powered Stage: honeyhoney (Saturday), Chicago Farmer (Sunday)
Green Vendors & Activities There will be plenty of opportunities to explore new ways to be green, including:
- Find out how to save money and make your home efficient
- Buy local fresh and organic treats
- Explore interesting vendors of unique, environmentally-friendly crafts and products
- Enjoy food & drink served with compostable food service items from some of the most popular neighborhood restaurants
- Check out new clean technologies and green inventions
Green Family Fun Fest Your little ones can enjoy plenty of fun-filled and educational children’s activities throughout the weekend, including:
- Recycled arts & crafts
- DIY musical instruments
- Henna artists
- Bounce house
- Kiddie play area
- Children’s musical programming
Environmentally-Efficient Production Since the beginning, Green Music Fest has taken steps to reduce its environmental impact in areas like waste, water consumption and energy use. Features at the fest include:
- Biodiesel generators
- Comprehensive waste diversion program
- Cell phone recycling station
- Expanded environmental education