Englewood

Englewood is located on the southwest side of Chicago and was once known as “Junction Grove.”  After the Great Chicago Fire of 1871, Englewood’s railroad connections to downtown Chicago made it a convenient location and the neighborhoods population grew rapidly.

The area is now home to Kennedy-King College which was relocated to the former site of the Englewood Shopping center. The campus includes the Washburne Culinary Institute and opened in 2007.  A multi-million dollar reconstruction project has also been announced for the railroad junction at Englewood.